Tuesday, January 17, 2012

When TV teaches...

I may have posted about this before - but recently i spent a few hours one night watching TV cause i couldn't sleep - well, it seemed like each and every episode broke me down and challenged something deep inside my heart that i had been trying to avoid... it was quite annoying really. All i really wanted to do was fall asleep - instead, i was awake a lot longer than i wanted thinking, crying, asking questions - and then watching another episode to try and get my mind off the last one... it turned into quite an evil cycle really.

Needless to say - it's challenged my heart quite a bit. I feel like over the last year i've take a "break" from really challenging myself - growing, changing, asking the hard questions... It's time to start that habit back up. It's time to pony up, bite the bullet, and jump in with both feet to some of the hard things i've been avoiding... SO - here we go.

[here is where i really wanted to post a picture of me biting a bullet - i'll have to take one later - just cause it would bring great delight to my lil heart]


This year i want to be...
healthy...
active...
able...
willing...
purposed...
ready...

that's the plan stan - we'll see how this goes. I've come to realize that i can't rely on my own strength to do these things [i have this realization daily, actually] even the things that seem simple. In my flesh - i fail, but in Christ - i rise to the challenge.

So, here's to trying to blog more, run more, eat healthier, trust more, love more deeply, follow harder after Christ, and live according to the greatness i'm called to.

bring it 2012 - i'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment